So, my family vacation in Avalon, NJ is over and that's the reason for the infrequent posts over the last two weeks. We had internet access courtesy of my Verizon Wireless phone after a work around, but my wife thought I was on the laptop too much so I couldn't make a lot of posts. However, it did give me a chance to think about formats for this website and why people come here to read what I have to say.
First thing I noticed when I didn't make a lot of posts was that instead of the 150-200 page view per day I normally received, I dropped down to 50 -100 page views. Those 50 page views were mostly a result of people googling (notice the use of the verb) on subjects and not the people that normally come to the website by directly typing in the url. Thank goodness for good content.
Then I went to Wegmans today which is a really upscale super market with one located in Bridgewater, NJ. It is not upscale because of the everyday goods that you can purchase, but the first few sections that include a butcher, fish market, bakery, sushi, kosher foods, and etc. So, besides the food, you also notice the self promotion of being the 1st or 2nd best place to work. Then it dawned on me that even Wegman s knows the value of content. Sure Wegmans content comes in the form of food and the people that work there, but it is their form of content. So what does this mean to my website. Well a lot.
- I'll try very hard not to reprint content that you can find elsewhere. When I do, it will be in the form of Marketing Rapid Fire which a lot of readers seem to like.
- When I do reference an article, I'll provide my own perspective on it and what it means for you marketers. Does that violate #1 above? I don't think so. If you watch enough network news during the day you'll see them commenting on other articles.
- On the weekend, I'll publish a week in review; this post will be only links, but they will be my links.
- I'll focus only on internet advertising/marketing, political advertising, finance, and telecommunications; and, when I do write about politics it will only be about advertising.
- I'll try and keep shorter posts, but no promises :-) Hopefully within a few weeks I'll get a face-lift from my friends and partners at Piehead.
That's it. Thanks for hanging in there with me over the past two weeks. Welcome back.