I get asked this a lot when someone first talks with me about Second Life - What do I do in Second Life? In fact based on the traffic I've been seeing on my website, a lot of people are looking for this information too. Needless to say, I am not what you would describe as an expert, but just a humble guide who is figuring it out for himself. Right now my biggest help right now is the official guide to second life. So here's what I've been up to lately in SL.
- I ditched my first land that I bought a few months back by selling it to a neighbor for L$6,000 turning almost a 12x profit. I decided that the area didn't suit me anymore.
- So, I turned around a bought a super expensive piece of land on the ocean complete with a house and area in the back with trees. Why did I buy it? Well, that kind of property at the jersey shore is way above my weekly allowance and the price of land is going up.
- Then I went off and decorated it by buying this nice lounge chair, a whirlpool, wind surfer, raft, swimming animations, seagulls, waves, and of course ocean sound. I'd describe this place now as my virtual fish tank because it calms me down by having me think of real life times at the shore.
- Now that I went shopping, what do you do next? Simple, stop #1 is New Citizens Plaza in Kuula (54,175,29). Why? Helpful people, free stuff like clothes, animations, sounds, textures, pretty much anything you can think of. I wanted some good hair and I was directed by one of the helpful people working there to a yard sale and picked up the hairdo you see now.
- Next up I visited NOAA's Second Life location where I rode in a plane through a hurricane and went up with a weather balloon.
So, that's what I've been up to lately. I've also been trying to figure out how to design my own clothes and with help from a very talented designer, I think I might make some progress. One thing you'll find in Second Life is that men's clothes selections are pathetic at best...Anyway, stay tuned for more on SL.