Not happy this morning. Not happy with of course the crappy New York Times, but what did I expect? Watching Fox News this morning...
- Tim Geithner Barack Obama's nominee for Treasury Secretary owed $30K - $50K in back taxes. According to the New York Times Caucus blog he wrote out a check for $43K to cover this. $43K? This alone should make Obama remove him as Treasury Secretary. You DON'T FORGET TO PAY $43K IN TAXES.
- Michelle Malkin tips off that Geithner also received refunds for taxes he didn't pay.
- The Treasury Secretary does this: The Secretary of the Treasury is the principal economic advisor to the President and plays a critical role in policy-making by bringing an economic and government financial policy perspective to issues facing the government. The Secretary is responsible for formulating and recommending domestic and international financial, economic, and tax policy, participating in the formulation of broad fiscal policies that have general significance for the economy, and managing the public debt. The Secretary oversees the activities of the Department in carrying out its major law enforcement responsibilities; in serving as the financial agent for the United States Government; and in manufacturing coins and currency.
- Michelle Malkin is correct. He needs to go and if you don't think so, you'll believe anything.
- Obama's inauguration committee is receiving BOATLOADS OF MONEY from banking-wall st executives. Of course they claim no influence, but you can decide for yourself why banking executives want to shell out major money - TRY GETTING PART 2 OF TARP APPROVED. Here's a link to a spreadsheet which you can sort and filter by employer.
- Of course the New York Times doesn't report this but reports that typical liberal poster children (Soros) gets top billing and they don't mention the financial donations because they know it would be damaging to Obama.
Banking executive donations to Obama. A Treasury Secretary nominee who failed to pay $40K+ in taxes. At least there is transparency from team Obama that a schmuck like me can sort and sum data. Yep, that's the kind of Change we need.