***UPDATE ON 4-23-09********** We stopped by last night and there was a note on the door that Butler's is temporarily closed due to the economic conditions. You should call before you just show up. I really hope it is temporary because the food in Long Valley is just pizza, burgers, and beer.***********************
We love Butler's Louisiana Kitchen in the center of Long Valley, NJ. Our entire family has eaten there about a half dozen times and ALL of us love the food. Those that you know me, know that I love finding great restaurants and I'm happy to report that there's a great place just 10 minutes from my house. We've tasted the following menu items and have loved them all:
- Smoked Hog Wings
- Creole Hot Salad
- Seafood Gumbo
- Smoked Brisket and Smoked Ribs - both have been ordered multiple times per visit!
- Beans, Greens, and Mac-Cheese
The only complaint that I have is that the food isn't spicy enough for me, but that's me being a little picky. Seriously the food is awesome, priced right, and you can bring your own booze. So since this is a recession busting time, allow me to resurrect Old School Facelift for Butler's for marketing the restaurant:
OLD SCHOOL FACELIFT #10: 5 QUICK RECESSION BUSTING MARKETING TECHNIQUES FOR BUTLER'S
- Revisit Your Web Designer to Talk Social Networking: The way to build a business online is to tap into social networks these days. It helps with a couple of things: it helps your Google rankings and it gets people talking about your business online. You don't need to change the site much, but you could link out to say a YouTube page or a Facebook page. On YouTube you could post videos of your recipes, Saturday nights shows you are hosting, and on Facebook you could allow people to load up photos, comment, and Fan you (that's friending in business terms).
- Online Coupons: Sure, somebody is going to tell you that you need an email list to send out coupons, but that is too old school for you. Build up your Fans on your Facebook page and push messages and coupons out there. Simple stuff, like take a picture of a coupon you designed and load it up and let any fan get access to the photo. Bingo cheap coupon marketing.
- Cajun Cooking Contests: Run questions in your Facebook page asking people to tell you what their favorite Cajun recipes are and then have a night of customer request menus. Run other contests like showing people making their own Cajun recipes at home, naming menu items, or loading up reviews of the restaurant.
- Display Ads: Google now has a build your own banner ad product that you can geo-target. Their network covers about 80% of the US so you can get a ton of cheap cost per click impressions or CPM ads and cover say a 60 mile radius around NJ. Trust me I pretty much pioneered the Google Blast or Google Surge for politics and it will work. Also, once you have a decent enough Facebook fans, you can use their DIRT CHEAP ad platform that also lets people know if anyone in their personal network is a fan of Butler's - that's a cool Word of Mouth Marketing tool.
- GOOGLE PAY PER CLICK ADS - I saved the best for last. Run pay per click search ads targeted to searches in a 60 mile radius around Long Valley. I'd organize the campaign in this manner and if you make me a lunch or early dinner, I'll set you up for free. Oh and before I forget, under no circumstances should you pay for print advertising.
- Brand name
- Long Valley
If you want good Cajun food and are tired of the standard pizza stuff, try Butler's Louisiana Kitchen. Get the ribs or the brisket and post your thanks below.