I really can't stand Jon Corzine. I met him a few years ago in Nobu in NY when he was a Senator; I didn't like him then and I certainly don't like him today. In fact as a US Senator he did less damage because the Democrats in this state voted in another liberal Senator to take his place so their vote results didn't deviate. However, as this post pointed out, he has done a lot of damage to this state and deserves to get dumped. That's why these display ads that run via Google upset me.
Let's take a look at these frames starting with Frames 1 through 3.
- From a flash technology standpoint these are are just slightly more technical than a GIF ad from 1997
- The blue is ugly as is the annoying caricature of Governor Corzine as he thinks deep thoughts on how to drown this state some more in taxes.
- Now to the text "He saw this national recession coming so he did something about it. He created the first economic stimulus plan." As the graph I posted in this previous post shows, our upward climb in job loss started October 2007 and continues to this day to NJ's highest unemployment in the past 20 years. So when exactly did this "sage" see this and what plan did he put into action?
- He didn't see anything coming. He didn't put anything to motion.
- OK - same bad design format - nothing new or exciting
- However, more spins on this so called action plan about attracting and retaining business, creating jobs, etc". NJ ranks dead last in business environment thanks to Corzine.
- While Obama's stimulus plan may create some jobs sometime late 2010, there just isnt enough "stimulus" right now to help Corzine by November 2009.
- The ads end with the same boring, blue, white and ugly caricature.
The ad is utterly useless. It doesn't stand out and is almost as annoying as Lowermybills.com; those ad suck almost as much as Corzine sucks as Governor.