On Friday I received an email from Barack Obama supporting Jon Corzine for Governor. Now while this email probably doesn't come as much as a surprise to you, I was a little disappointed (OK a lot) by the contents. In fact, this part of the email really was disappointing...
- Hmm well if he attracted and retained business then why is our unemployment the highest in 20 years?What plan did he enact and when? If he actually did something when did this "Wall St Wiz" analyze the trends?
- Heck, October 2007 is when we started this upward climb; he's had more time than you President Obama to enact something if he actually saw this economic nightmare coming. Facts are HE DID NOT.
- Oh - and how about NJ's Business climate which you are saying he has helped with this recovery plan? According to The Tax Foundation NJ is ranked DEAD LAST as a business friendly state. Hmm I'm sure this horrendous business climate is helping the middle class as you suggests he did.
- Well how did The Tax Foundation rank NJ DEAD LAST? Try these stunning statistics Mr. President: NJ ranks 39th is corporate tax rate, 48th in individual tax rate, 41st in sales tax rate, and 50th in property tax rank. I'm sure all those taxes are helping the middle class right Mr. President?
- NJ also ranks highest in local-state tax burden.
- Oh and that property tax relief you mentioned, sure it got better but it still sucks. That quote on your part reminds me of a Lewis Black joke when he spoke about Gov. Bill Clinton promoting the increase in AR school rankings from 50th to 48th. "I took AR from shitty, shitty, shitty, to stinky, farty, smelly".
What bothers me so much President Obama is that you campaigned on Hope and Change. A new style of politics and an end to partisan fights. You inspired a lot of people (I was NOT one of them), but when you come to NJ to campaign for your friend the horrible Corzine, all you are doing is entering into partisan politics and providing more of the same politics that you campaigned against in 2008.
Your words can't spin the bad NJ climate. Your speeches and rallies can't fool the cynical NJ voter. Even the folks in Newark, Hudson County, Camden County, etc that supported your election know a do nothing, tax and spend liberal when they see one - especially after 4 years of lousy leadership.
You want to support your friend. Great. Go for it. Talk about needing a friend in NJ to help your liberal wealth distribution policies. Just please leave the spins and lies behind in DC. Corzine needs to go. Candidate Barack Obama wouldn't have lent his name to such an email devoid of Hope and Change.
Hope and Change in NJ starts with Dumping Corzine.