Nice short and sweet post. This year's Super Bowl ads were mostly retreads. There were a few stand outs but for the most part, they were so uninspiring I can't believe CEOs actually signed off on them. Anyway, here's what I thought.
- Snickers Betty White Ad - reinforced their brand message that grab one when you are down on energy
- Taco Bell with Sir Charles - just all around clever
- Career Builder - Sure it was gross seeing out of shape people in their underwear, but it again reinforced that you can use Career Builder to get out of a bad job.
- E*Trade - The babies are so played out it; my guess is the Geico Caveman ad is their model
- Bud/Bud Lite - We get it. Drink beer. Drink beer and build a human bridge. Unimpressive and with all of the ads, Bud just looked wasteful and silly.
- Go Daddy - Look I can stare at Danica Patrick all day long when my wife isn't around, but the too hot for Super Bowl is also played out. Plus even the website for a $1 per month isn't special at all.
- US Census - Wasting too much money on an ad for the Super Bowl
- And any other ad that wasted 25 seconds setting up a commercial with a ridiculous story line, leaving only 5 seconds for a product shot. That's just bad marketing strategy and allowing your Agency to get too creative.
At least the game was entertaining. BTW - The Who was ok. Daltrey should stay away from songs where his voice can't even come close to the recorded version. Pete Townshend although looks old, can still play guitar and because his voice wasn't ever very good, still sounds like the recordings. I was super impressed with Townshend.