2010 is probably going to turn out a little better than 2009 but that reminds me of this on Bill Clinton's bragging about lifting Arkansas' education ranking. Things were still pretty crappy but at least I think 2009 was the bottom for me and I can reflect on what makes me happy and what I'm thankful for this year.
So What Am I Thankful for (in no particular order)
- Real friends that actually try and help you rather than the crappy ones I discovered were mostly my father's friends (a few were exceptions).
- Good business partners especially the ones I have to deal with at the office building in Union who realized that the economy still stinks and we are all in this together
- Family who didn't push me too hard on things I didn't follow up on
- My kids - pretty much one of the only reasons I ever got out of bed on some days
- Watching my son Jacob pitch - yeah, he's on the younger side in these club and travel teams so isn't as physical and doesn't throw as hard, but he is fearless on the mound. I'm more nervous when he pitches...
- Hanging at the beach and watching Kaela surf
- Working from my home office where my palm trees are always a few feet away and my biggest commute is walking downstairs
- Being a political consultant and working with great clients and great people at Campaign Solutions and Connell Donatelli
- My Giants tickets at the new stadium
- Working on political and alcohol which are probably the two best projects to work on together..