Long time friends of mine know that I have a huge Amazing Spider-Man comic book collection. I am only missing 15 books - 9 of those are from the first 15 books. I do have my own copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 (the first appearance) show in this post. Now before I give a small review, here are a few parts of the movie that don't exist in the Spidey mythology...
1) Curt Connors does not work for Oscorp. He develops the serum on his own.
2) Gwen Stacy does not know Peter Parker is Spider-man
3) Capt Stacy does figure out that Peter Parker is Spider-man
4) Capt Stacy is killed by Doc Ock, not the Lizard
5) Peter Parker's parents are not scientists, they are American spies
6) Uncle Ben is shot at his home, not on the streets of NY
7) Gwen Stacy while probably a good student is not a scientist
However, this movie is awesome. Even with those changes, the movie stays true to Spider-Man and I do like some of the changes especially with Oscorp and Norman Osborn being behind the scenes directing things. That part of Normal Osborn shows up many, many years later when Marvel decides to resurrect Norman after his death in Spider-Man #122.
The 3D effects are a lot of fun. I saw the Avengers a few days earlier and while I liked the Avengers, Spider-Man was 10 times better. Why? The reason I like Spider-Man so much is that he is just a nerdy high school kid that turns into something special but he still maintains all of the social issues that high school and college kids have. Also, Emma Stone is an awesome Gwen Stacy whom I always thought was the best girl friend for Peter Parker.